Monday, October 3, 2016

Utada Hikaru - Fantôme

I would be happy to write a full review of Hikki's latest album but it is not so convenient for me to do so by posting it via mobile... Hence, I will go for a brief but honest review of her latest album here...

1. Michi
Imagine after a long time of hiatus and once she is back, she hits it off so well with the first track from the album... The beat is lovely and the music is never wrong coming from Hikki... Combine it with Hikki's voice and her style of singing = Perfect!

+1!

2. Ore no Kanojo
This song definitely has its unique feeling which tells me clearly that this song indeed is Hikki's song... The chorus is nice to sing along... Oh yes, Hikki added in some French lyrics into this song making it to be more fun to sing along lolz...

+1!

3. Hanataba wo Kimini
One of the single for the album... Lovely and really a great song to relax thanks to the soft slow ballad...

+1!

4. Nijikan no Vacancy
Hikki and Sheena Ringo... At first I thought Sheena spoilt this song but as I listen to it more, it grew inside me for a reason and I just got to say I love it... At least I can see Hikki's face after a long time in her MV for this song (and the only album song with MV)...

+1!

5. Ningyo
Another slow ballad... Worth for casual listening but not sing along...

0.5!

6. Tomodachi
The opening of the music for this track was just fantastic... I have to say it has the best uplifting beat compared to the others... Without a doubt, my 2nd favourite song for this album :)

+1!

7. Manatsu no Toriame
Second single for the album and another slow ballad... Hanatabi wo Kimini seems to be slightly better than this... Great for casual listening and not sing along as well...

0.5!

8. Kouya no Ookami
Another masterpiece from the album... The chorus was really different from the other tracks which really reveals Hikki's capability... She played with her voice very well in this track... Definitely my 1st favourite song of this album~~~

+1!

9. Boukyaku
Worst. Song. Ever. Period. Only worth listening to Hikki's part as KOHH'S part is absolutely terrible. Not sure why Hikki will feature KOHH for this song... Felt kinda wasted a potentially good song... Will never listen to this song just to avoid KOHH's terrible part...

0!

10. Jinsei Saikou no Hi
A cheerful track with reference of Shakespeare... Great for casual listening but not for sing along...

0.5!

11. Sakura Nagashi
Well... This track was released 4 years ago and I still loop this up until now... This could only mean one thing for me: Magnificent!!!

+1!



Final Score: 9 / 10

This album only have one song which I really dislike and the rest are acceptable with most of it being my preferred tracks... Well... I think it really worth 9 out of 10 :D

(Kindly ignore the colouring of my texts... Tried to make the colour accordingly but it just never works well...)

No comments:

Post a Comment