Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Island Trip...

I really love islands so much that I will miss the smell of sea breeze once in a while... And sometimes, I would smell the sea breeze for a second and it is gone even though I'm at city center... When I retire, I told myself that I MUST live by a beach... That would be the most enjoyable moment in my entire life...

Right now, I really wanted to travel to some islands but due to this pandemic, the trip has to be delayed for a longer period... To ease myself, I will list down all my island trips (for work or for leisure) in sequence as below:


1.    Langkawi Island (Leisure)

I could never forget this trip because it was my very first trip to an island with my group of high school friends... It was after SPM and we decided to go for a trip and this is where we ended up... Given that I was an introvert that time and rarely hang out with people, it really feels different to me in a good way... My very first banana boat memory was from this trip as well xD

We rented a villa with swimming pool and at night, we were so noisy around the pool area that other tenants start complaining... The joy of youth lolz


2.    Bimini Island (Work)

During my 3 years of university, I think I never visit any islands until I started working for my very first job... On my 2nd year of my first job, I was given the opportunity to work at an island called Bimini, which is from Bahamas... It was my very first time working on an island, and probably the best working environment I ever had in my entire life... Up until today, I still miss Bimini island so much... From the beautiful crystal clear water to the serene lifestyle... I am so grateful that I was given the chance to work at this island... I really hope that I am rich enough to visit Bimini again someday :')


3.    Redang Island (Leisure)

2 years later, I visited Redang Island with one of my ex-colleague... To me, it was such a nice getaway after not going to an island for 2 years... The sound of the waves flapping by the shore is absolutely relaxing... Nothing other than this can eases my mind so much... From island hopping to enjoying the scenery, this is what I called paradise :P

We stayed at Coral Redang Island Resort and I recall this is the very first time I sleep shirtless with some other guy around me... Even when I work at Bimini alone, I never dare to sleep shirtless lol...


4.    Koh Lipe (Leisure)

A new experience for me when I visit Koh Lipe a year after Redang... This time, it was a solo trip and this is why it meant so much for me as well... Apart from the usual island hopping, one thing that stands out the most in Koh Lipe is their walking street, which is the most happening place at night... Along the whole stretch of the walkway, you can find almost every local delicacies from seafoods to dessert and I really enjoy it a lot... To me, this island is basically a food heaven xD

I will definitely bring my parents to this island one day :D


5.    Perhentian Island (Leisure)

On the very same year itself, 3 months later, I visited Perhentian with my ex-colleague again... If I remember correctly, this trip was a very ad-hoc trip where my ex-colleague and me suddenly agreed to go for an island trip and we decided to go here... We practically traveled to both side of the islands (there are Perhentian Besar and Perhentian Kecil which is just opposite each other) and it just satisfy my craving for sea breeze... As usual, we went for island hopping and in this trip, the most memorable thing is it was my first time having a serious conversation with my ex-colleague... LOL!!!


6.    Penang Island (Leisure)

This is still an island right??? LOLZ!!! Went to this island before Chinese New Year 2020... Not exactly the island trip I wanted but still, it satisfy my craving for sea breeze >.<


Ok... That's all the island trip that I had been to... There are still so many islands that I want to visit and I really hope that day will come sooner...



Bimini is still the best island for me so far :)


5 comments:

  1. One of the nearest island we can go to (after this MCO is lifted) is Pulau Ketam lol... not fancy as the islands you’ve listed but still an island... jom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing much to do there if I remember correctly... But I know they are popular for food... Pulau Ketam is interesting for a day trip but definitely not for few days stay xD

      Delete
    2. Hahaha... then make it a makan day trip... or a one day staycation... or another place for staycation lol

      Delete
    3. One day staycation on an island is not worth it... For me, it must be at least 3 days 2 nights xD

      Delete