Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Kuching/Kota Kinabalu Food Stop #1

This blog purpose is to introduce some interesting new nice food (which I won't find it in KL) and probably I will do a very simple review of it. The first one will be this:

(Pinggai Cafe's fried rice is a must!)

The fried rice has a very unique taste. Although it has anchovies toppings as well, but it taste completely different from Nasi Goreng Kampung. It has a distinct aroma and flavour compared to the one in KL. However for me, the main star of the dish is their belacan. It is sour but at the same time, a very unique zesty punch with a mild spiciness that I could not resist eating it. So glad my other friend do not like it so I took all his belacan as well lolz. As for the other fried rice my friend ordered, it is Char Siew Fried Rice. Taste a little bit weird for me (probably because KL's char siew taste completely different as well) as the char siew taste I expected was completely different. Not to say that I hate it, just that not my preferences.

Moving on to the beverages. I ordered the Bandung Coffee and my friend ordered an Ice Lemon Juice. Ok. The Bandung Coffee was a let down. I don't fancy bandung but I expect that the drink could have a stronger bandung taste but to me, I don't taste any bandung except coffee in that entire glass. They should at least make the bandung taste slightly stronger so that people who loves bandung would appreciate it more. As for the Ice Lemon Juice, I FUCKING LOVE IT!!! It is indeed sour, but it has a very strong touch of lemongrass aroma in the drink. Imagine the taste of lemon sourness with the aroma of lemongrass. It really caught me by surprise and eventually, I drank the last few sips LOL.

Now. Here comes the finale. I would strongly recommend their original or plain fried rice (they have other fried rice such as Tempoyak Fried Rice) which feels very homey and if you love sour drinks, the Ice Lemon Juice is a must try. Overall, I will give it a 4/5 with the following breakdowns:

Location: 0.5 - This cafe is located on one of the alley along the Kuching Waterfront. Slight navigation required but it is not difficult to locate.

Food & Beverages: 1 - Fried rice is a yes. They have a lot of fried rice variety so do give it a try, and other dishes as well. Bandung coffee that has no bandung taste. Big letdown. The lemon juice was good though.

Price: 0.5 - In general, the cost is slightly above average of the prices you may find around nearby eateries. Price ranges from minimum RM10.

Atmosphere: 1 - A small shop with limited seats but overall comfy.

Service: 1 - Staff are extremely friendly and nice.


Pinggai Cafe
37, China St, 93000 Kuching, Sarawak



Why am I doing reviews for food now lolz...

No comments:

Post a Comment