Friday, May 31, 2019

Kuching/Kota Kinabalu Food Stop #2

Moving on to my next review:

(Welcome Seafood Restaurant squid is a must!!!)

I am the type of person that do not crave for sotong (squid) that much. But since my friend is a fanatic of squid, hence we tried their squid dish. The other 2 dishes are Kangkong Belacan and Sour Plum Chicken. As for the drink, I ordered a Luo Han Guo while my friend had his plain water.

Ok. There's nothing much to talk about the beverages so I will just move on to the food. The only vegetable dish, Kangkong Belacan, I would say it taste close to what I can eat in KL. It has a good belacan flavour to it (although I prefer heavier belacan flavour) but the only difference is KL's Kangkong Belacan are spicier compared to this one. Probably Sabah people does not eat that spicy like how KL people does. As for the Sour Plum Chicken, it was quite a surprise for me. Not something that can be found in KL easily. I can roughly imagine how it taste like in my mind before taking my first bite but it caught my attention once it enters my mouth. It punches my mouth with quite a strong sourness followed by a mild sweetness aftertaste. I mean, I never had a sour plum food or beverage that delivers such strong sourness in my entire life and this is where it caught my attention. The taste overall is not bad and if you love sour food, this could be one of your favourite. I have to say, this dish is definitely worth ordering. Now the final dish, which is the only seafood that we ordered in a seafood restaurant, Dry Curry Sotong (I can't recall what is the exact name of this dish so I will just go with this). First impression, it looks exactly like dry curry sauce. Second, it taste exactly like dry curry sauce that I can have in KL but less spicier. Third, the texture of the squid is absolutely succulent. Conclusion, I freaking love it!!! I am always a big fan of dry curry style and this dish delivers the exact taste that I expected. Given that it is less spicier, the fragrant of the dry curry spices stand strong on each pieces of the succulent squid (thanks to the fresh seafood they have), giving it a mouthful explosion of flavours whenever you pop in a squid. Even my friend fall in love with this dish and he's still craving for it up until today. Totally love it.

To sum things up, I do recommend this place for their sotong (squid). I believe all the other seafood dishes such as fish or prawns are gonna be as fresh as the squid so you can give it a try if you want. However, do note that the price is quite steep BUT the portion of every dishes are huge which compensates back the price a little. Since we only ordered 3 dishes, all the 3 dishes are definitely worth the price for the taste and portion. You will enjoy it for sure. I will give this a 5/5 with the following breakdown:

Location: 1 - It is located within Kota Kinabalu Waterfront vicinity, which you can easily get a Grab car around there and reach the restaurant within 10 minutes. It is within walking distance if you stay close to Hilton Kota Kinabalu.

Food & Beverages: 1 - 3 dishes. No complains. Squid was fantastic. Hefty price but reasonable portion. Worth it.

Price: 1 - The price falls on the high side but compensated by the reasonable portion. Price ranges from minimum RM15 per dish for non-seafood.

Atmosphere: 1 - A typical restaurant. It occupies the whole stretch of shop lots (at least 5 or 6 lots). Clean and spacious. Comfortable.

Service: 1 - Staffs are friendly. The serving of dishes was fast as well.


Jalan Asia City
Pusat Bandar Kota Kinabalu
88000 Kota Kinabalu
Sabah



Enjoy the food here~

No comments:

Post a Comment